Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Woman

And what about when I just want to be a woman?
With nothing proceeding or following but success?
Because I always do my best
To be a black woman,
Knowledgeable, Proud and strong,
To be a queer woman,
Loud & proud,
To be wife woman,
Accountable, Faithful. & supportive,
To be a mother woman,
Nurturing & compassionate,
To be a sister, a daughter, a lover,
A hard -working, I can do it all
super woman
But what about when can i
Just be a woman?
I live for those moments
Relish in the luxury of letting my hair & guard down
Wrap myself in the freedom of it
Surrender my soul to the serenity of silence
My mind & spirit sing a melodic cacophony in celebration of that moment
That random,
rare moment
I stand bare
Naked
Not wanting
I am nothing more
Nothing less
Than a woman
Simply
Lovely
Loved
Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment