Sunday, August 25, 2013

'ashley'

i still have your bracelet
i wear it on my wrist with prayer beads
praying one day soon i'll forget these
feelings i had for you that now cause flames to consume me anytime i see your face
its not the loss if the possibility of love that angers me
its that i began to let go of the hurt i hold
reminders of what love shouldn't be
just to be given more of the same
i feel as if i'm just the last in the long line of suckas
who have fallen victim to your game
and i know i'm smarter then this. writing angry love poems until you don't exist seems like the only way to remove you from my memory
because eventhough i deleted the pictures you took for me
those images gone but emblazened in my psyche
the memory of you in sun kissed onyx skin
you shined like the moon unaware it was meant to set
and now
whenever my eyes meet darkness  i still dream of you
still dream that you care,
delicate hands stroking my tears as i shared myself with you.
so yeah 
i think you're evil
until i figure out how to stop wanting to love you.




Love & Light,

C. Joi Sanchez
www.jsanschez.wordpress com

No comments:

Post a Comment