Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Written With Unexpressed Anger (Don't take it personal)

This is not what i wanted for our son
to see his mother withering & bruised at the hands of her love
Watching in wonder the destructive fury of our ignorance
unconsciously absorbing the cycle of violence into his internal systems
I wondered briefly if I will have created a monster
The type of man who hauls off on his woman
cause she said some sh*t he didn't like
a man like his father

This is not what I wanted for our daughter
for her to see her mother
as a victim
not even 5 months old
she laid with eyes wide open
crying the tears I refused to shed
for knowing better,
for feeling responsible, 
for allowing it to happen
for all the bullsh*t reasons you gave yourself to justify the wrong
I could not shed a tear
but she did.

This isn't what i wanted for you
the man I risked it all on was aware of the fragile heart he was given
held together with a patchwork of promises and pretty words

until there were none..

so yeah, I'll always pick a female over you,
Since that day I have chosen
and will continue 
to choose me
every single time.
because this isn't what I wanted but this is all i got.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment