Tuesday, June 5, 2012

allowances

Dear Mr. & Mrs. white America
you're gonna half to make an exception
in case you haven't noticed
i'm black
yes 
despite the well groomed exterior
and articulation of intelligent thought
this young woman
is black
and proud
and loud about it
because if i don't scream it from the roof tops every chance i get
you may just forget 
and try to tuck me away in a cubicle somewhere
giving a hard time to the "other darkies"
the ones "not like me"
you know the pants sagging, baby-mama havin',  always bragging they have some new new new sh*t, can't hold down a job, no more than a case number ni**as
the ones  you say i'm nothing like
but are ready to group me with because my afro draws more attention them my a** in a well tailored pants suit. 
so excuse me from the group
i get a pass
I am allowed to be angry
because being black comes with that privledge/right?
cause the world has done us so wrong for so long
and its been too long since we stood strong
and stood our ground
but when we do we get shot down
no ribbons in the skies for our loves or lives
just another sunset into sunrise
so it should be no surprise 
when the sh*t hits the fan
cause the revolution will NOT be televised
and it's already began.


-peace-



No comments:

Post a Comment