Saturday, January 26, 2013

Holla back

[**please note: this is a call and response poem, written for performance]

When i raise my hands i want you to say poet [**]

Get it?
   Got it?
       Good!
Lets try one time..

I am a ** (poet)

Damn right i am
And a dope one at that
From my first time at bat
I been doing my thing
Cause i am a ** (poet)

A person of enlightenment
Telling truths to teach you something
But will you listen as i shine in the light.of my soul's glow?
Or will you continue to speak without listening
Regurgitating all the shit you don't know
About me?
I am a ** (poet)

A potentially over-enthusiastic talent passing time in a race amongst rats
Roaring queen of the jungle but i refuse to eat scraps
i go the route of starving artist
Giving energy to the grind
So my hustle is nourishing to the body, soul, and mind
I am a **(poet)

A preview of every thing to come
The past, present, and future wrapped into one
i share my gift wih you,
the worthy,
The nerdy,
The strong and the hurting,
those in need of healing,
Those who share my feelings that when the madness ends
someone will need to step in and lead us.
Trust my words
the world will always need us, to serve up more then the bullshit they feed us
I am a** (poet)

I know the revolution will not be televised
because we never believed when they told us lies,
whitewashed our history to damn near extinction,
replaced our crowns and treasures with cautionary measures, 
putting on full display their fears of us
I am a **(poet)

I know our power lies
in the soul we lay on lines
and not online,
cause we live our lives in real time not virual reality.
Its no wonder these busters don't  have a grasp on reality,
cause its too harsh for their "delicate sensabilities"
and if it were up to me
they'd all get a bullet to their medulla abongatta
Some shit thats spoken makes me channel the  honeymooners
["why i aughtta"|
But i don't cause
I'm a ** (poet)

I know the power i hold comes from a souce greater then me.
I'm plugged in to the outlet of the universe,
violence is so unnecessary.
I'm a ** (poet)

A person of enlightenment telling truths to teach you something about peace,
about harmony,
and about being.
I'm not always lyrically inclined to complexities in my word play cause i want everyone  to understand what i am saying.
This is not an attack on those who are
just my way of relaying my deep admiration.
So deep in fact
i don't dare immitate them.
So you know its real.
That there is a message here. 
for you.
Love jesanschez the **(poet)

Love & Light,

C. Joi Sanchez
www.jsanschez.wordpress com

No comments:

Post a Comment