Thursday, January 24, 2013

Untitled [for you]

She is to me
everything that life should be
Warm,
inviting,
courteous,
kind
With an unparalled inner strength 
voracious spirit
& curious mind
i wish she could be apart of my life
But i am mearly a pauper
Unworthy of such royalty
Her favor is divine
I remain silent in her presence
as if my development was arrested by her enticing manipulation
of language and prose
I fail to possess the vocabulary that is necessary to gain her attention
So secretly
I write love poems
declaring my hidden affections until the day
I am equipped with more then just good intentions
Because
She is to me
Everything that life could be
sultry,
sometimes sour
but mostly sweet
With a
a sunrise in her smiling eyes
i long to get lost in the recesses of her mind
Let her
lyrical voice caress parts
former lovers previously left for dead
Reviving them/me
to a hightened state of being
as she retells stories of triumps and former strifes
i wish we were more then friends in this life/ in time
Maybe in the next go round
Her soul will seek me out
pick up on the sound of my bleeding heart
And we'll dance into moonlight under cloaks of stars
She will let me wrap her in my arms
Become willing victim to my awkward charms
Because to me
She is everything
i want life to be
Dedicated to self yet her giving knows no bounds
She is majestic like the silver lining on dark clouds
or the the eyes of a black panther
Striking in her gaze
Strong in her stance
Patient in her word,
healing in her hand,
sensitive in her spirit,
Protected in a prayer
Wrapped up in the perfection
& beauty of love
If only she could see what I see
She would know
that to me
She is everything life would be
If only she would have me.

C. Joi Sanchez
www.jsanschez.wordpress com

No comments:

Post a Comment